Call for Papers
5th Open Source Developers Conference in France
Montrouge Beffroi cultural centre, Paris, October 4 & 5, 2013
OSDC.fr objective is to gather French speaking developers from different communities around innovative technologies. After two editions on our own, we are since 2011 associated to Open World Forum and its numerous partners in order to provide the best experience to our attenddees.
For the 5th edition of this conference, we invite you to gather the communities dedicated to programming based on free/libre languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, Smalltalk & much more.
The aim is to learn by exploring the universe of all languages, for many concepts and techniques aren't tied to a specific environment, and therefore allow cross-pollinations.
So we invite you to join us by taking part in OSDC.fr, either by submitting a talk proposal (preferably in French, but English is acceptable), or simply by joining us on October 4 & 5, 2013, at at Montrouge Beffroi cultural centre. Entrance is free and everyone is welcome.
Talks can last 25 or 45 minutes. We'll also have a lightning talks session, where talks are limited to 5 minutes max.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of possible subjects:
- Dynamic compilation
- Interpreters and virtual machines (LLVM, JVM, CLR, Parrot, etc)
- Development tools
- Development best practices
- Programming experience feedback
- Making of innovative languages and their implementation
- Software maintenance
- Integration of different languages
- Teaching techniques
- Modern techniques of system administration, industrialization, distributed infrastructure (cloud)
- Big Data, OpenData
- Deadline for submitting a talk : September 6th, 2013
- Final schedule : September, 2013
- OSDC.fr conference : October 4 & 5, 2013